ZAMiGUARD CLEAN WATER
A powerful, 99.9% pure chlorine dioxide solution for disinfecting drinking water and cleaning waterlines.
- Kills bacteria, viruses, yeast, fungi and algae
- Removes and prevents biofilm
- Is stable for one month once activated
- Improves smell and taste of water
- Is safe and does not produce harmful biproducts
- Is cost effective
Chlorine Dioxide is universally approved as a drinking water disinfectant and is a completely different chemical to Chlorine.
Importance of Clean Water
Ensuring food hygiene is one of the most critical part of the food preparation process. Food can become contaminated at any point during slaughtering and processing. The equipment that comes into direct contact with food are known to harbour pathogens. Foods that are prepared with unsafe water can easily lead to cross-contamination and several foodborne illnesses.
The principles of food safety aim to prevent food from becoming contaminated. Cleaning and sanitizing are the fundamental aspect of developing the first step in a food safety system.
It is important to always use clean water to wash and process food right from the start. All food contact equipment and surfaces should be properly cleaned and sanitized before starting any operation.
Animals consume large quantities of water. They often drink twice as much as they eat so ensuring they have access to high quality drinking water is critical to their health. The key to water quality is the prevention of microbiological contamination.
Even clean town water can become contaminated if it’s stagnant (ie. stored in a tank) or not protected from environmental factors such as heat, bird droppings and water run-off.
Water can also become contaminated by the build-up of biofilm in the waterline.
What is biofilm and why is it harmful?
Biofilm is a slimy layer of bacteria and other microorganisms that adhere to the inside surface of waterlines.
Biofilm is harmful because:
- It introduces pathogens into the water.
- Medication, vaccines and other supplements delivered through the water can get caught in the biofilm and not reach the animals at the correct dose.
- The wrong animals can receive medication and vaccines when eventually released from the biofilm.
- Microorganisms in the biofilm can become resistant to antibiotics and may transmit antibiotic resistance to the animals when consumed by them.
- Various foodborne microorganisms are capable of forming, including Salmonella and Campylobacter.
- It can cause blocked waterlines.
“Water treatment is more than just adding a disinfecting product”
The ZamiGuard Clean Water system requires a water flow meter communicating to a dosing pump, to ensure the correct concentration is injected into the waterline.
We assist our customers throughout the implementation of the system to ensure optimal water quality is achieved.