- ZAMURIL5 is a non-ionophoric synthetic broad spectrum anticoccidial of the triazinone family.
- Used in the prevention of coccidiosis caused by Eimeria spp. in broiler chickens, replacement birds and growing turkeys.
- ZAMURIL5 can be utilized effectively in shuttle or rotation programs with other anticoccidials, to enhance feed efficiency and rate of gain.
- Diclazuril, the active ingredient in ZAMURIL5, has a mode of action completely different from existing ionophores and chemicals available on the market.
- Highly effective against the asexual and sexual stages of Eimeria spp. It induces morphological changes and attenuates mitochondrial transmembrane potential in merozoites, causing an interruption of the life cycle of the parasites.
- Diclazuril has been found to have some residual efficacy lasting for several days following drug withdrawal against E. acervulina, E. maxima, E. necatrix, E. mitis, E. brunetti, and E. tenella. This effect is unique among a broad range of chemical and polyether ionophore anticoccidial drugs.
- Poultry: As an aid in the prevention of coccidiosis caused by Eimeria spp. in broiler chickens and in replacement birds (up to 16 weeks).
- Growing turkeys: As an aid in the prevention of coccidiosis caused by E. adenoeides, E. gallopavonis and E. meleagrimitis (up to 12 weeks).
- Interrupts coccidial species lifecycle and destroys the parasite.