- ZAMURIL5 is a non-ionophoric synthetic broad spectrum anticoccidial of the triazinone family.
- Used in the prevention of coccidiosis caused by Eimeria spp. in broiler chickens, replacement birds and growing turkeys.
- ZAMURIL5 can be utilized effectively in shuttle or rotation programs with other anticoccidials, to enhance feed efficiency and rate of gain.
Mode of action
Diclazuril, the active ingredient in ZAMURIL5, has a mode of action completely different from existing ionophores and chemicals available on the market. It is highly effective against the asexual and sexual stages of Eimeria spp. It induces morphological changes and attenuates mitochondrial transmembrane potential in merozoites, causing an interruption of the life cycle of the parasites.
- Poultry: As an aid in the prevention of coccidiosis caused by Eimeria spp. in broiler chickens and in replacement birds (up to 16 weeks).
- Growing turkeys: As an aid in the prevention of coccidiosis caused by E. adenoeides, E. gallopavonis and E. meleagrimitis (up to 12 weeks).